Friends is a voluntary, non-profit incorporated association whose mission is to support the Livingston Public Library and all it represents in our community.
The goals of Friends are:
- To encourage fuller use of the Library
- To stimulate gifts for the Library
- To support programs to provide activities for children, young people and adults
- To cooperate with the Library Trustees and the Director of the Library in developing library services and facilities for the people of Livingston
How We Support the Library
- Work with the Library’s Adult Programming Department to fund our three signature series—Think Theatre, Literary Liaisons, and Music Matters including the Sunday Concert Series—and lifelong learning lectures.
- Underwrite Senior Happening and staff it with volunteers.
- Sponsor The Library’s Summer Reading Program. With hundreds of youth registrants each year, this innovative Program uses creative presentations, innovative performers, and prizes encourage youngsters to keep up reading and other skills during the summer in a fun environment.
- Pay for the Museum Pass Program which provides free admission to selected museums in the area.
- Provide for the E-Reader Experience Program which enables library patrons to borrow e-readers with pre-loaded books for adults and children.
- Finance the purchase of technology, databases and hundreds of books each year including ESL books.
- Fund the subscription to the monthly book review publication Book Page. This publication is available in the Library Lobby while supplies last.
- Endowed the Children’s Room as one of its largest donors to the Library’s Capital Campaign.
- Provided past support for the ESL program.